DIY pocket purse kit: charcoal
This sweet kit includes inspiration, materials and instructions to embroider and sew one pocket purse out of charcoal plant-dyed organic cotton/hemp. The kit includes a full page of original Kata Golda drawings along with photos to inspire creative stitching, so you can create a purse that suits your style. Each kit includes a piece of tea-dyed organic cotton-hemp fabric that can be used for a contrasting side, patches, or a pocket. The kit is packaged in a simple muslin bag that you can use to carry your project.
This perfect little purse can be worn cross-body, over your shoulder, or around your waist as a pocket. The finished purse measures 7” tall and 5.5” at the bottom, with a slight taper to the top to a 4.5” opening; two cotton twill straps measure 27” each. Delicate wash, line dry.
-  6.5 x 8” pieces of plant-dyed organic cotton/hemp fabric
-  6.5 x 8” piece of tea dyed organic cotton/hemp fabric
- 6 colors (1 yard each) of cotton embroidery floss
- 2 yards plus  5” pieces of ¾” cotton twill tape
- 8 straight pins & a hand-sewing needle
- illustrations for embroidery inspiration, tracing paper & template
- from home: sewing machine (unless you are hand-stitching the purse, which works too) & sharp scissors
This project was featured in Taproot Magazine.
skill level: advanced beginner
Available in nine colors.