sewing tutorial: foraging buckets
*NOTE: this is a PDF of the sewing tutorial, the listing does not include materials or a printout of the instructions*
When your add the tutorial to your shopping cart and complete the check-out process, the foraging bucket sewing tutorial PDF will appear on your check-out page and also automatically be emailed to you.
When I was designing this little bag, I wanted it to meet the following criteria:
- Be easy to tie to a belt, bag, or article of clothing so I can gather hands free.
- Be attractive, but not precious. Can be decorated or kept simple.
- Be quick to sew with fabric remnants that I already have. I know these little bags will not stay pristine.
- Be adaptable to make in many different sizes with a simple design.
- Be easy to wash and mend.
- Be able to cinch closed so the contents do not spill out.
- Be able to sit open like a bucket, so when I come home I can appreciate the contents or just leave them inside to dry. The 4.5” size can perfectly hold a berry basket.
Need fabric? You can find plant-dyed fabric bundles and remnants here. For the fabric used in this project, you would use the want the large patches or plant-dyed organic cotton/hemp in the earth, fire, or water tones.
I'd love to see your creations! It would make me so happy if you shared them... please tag @katagolda on Instagram.