DIY stitch the scene: forest
Stitch the scene...a project that fits in your pocket to be worked on wherever you might find yourself.
These tiny, densely stitched pieces hold memories of places where I have spent large parts of my life. The smallness of the work is intimate, while the places they represent are vast. I wanted to depict my favorite qualities and capture the essence of how I feel when I am standing right there, surrounded by the comfort of a place that feels like home. Each little stitching is intended to adorn your wall or be worn as a necklace. It can be finished as a pocket or a square.
Included in the kit:
- (1) 3” square of organic cotton/ hemp stamped with the design
- (1) 3” square of plant-dyed organic cotton/hemp for the back side
- 4 yards of fingering weight alpaca/cotton yarn
- various colors of embroidery floss for stitching the scene
- embroidery floss in a neutral color for assembly
- hand sewing needle
- detailed instructions
- color photo of finished stitching
Gather from home: scissors, glue stick, 2-2.75 crochet hook (optional)
This project was originally featured in Taproot Issue 52::SAVOR.